HEY THERE! We did it! EVSR is the first all electric race car to perform pit stops using quick change battery tech (“hot swaps”) in the “25 Hours of Thunderhill” Endurance Race.
We had some motor cooling issues last year which required some creative, on-the-spot problem solving. When we got back to the shop post event, we got to work on a permanent fix. By improving the motor cooling injection system to our rear motor and increasing airflow we are confident we will be within normal temperature limits throughout the race and have had the opportunity to prove this during rigorous testing throughout the 2022 season. We look forward to running a better race this year.
And now we’re BACK for the 2022 “The NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill sponsored by HAWK Performance” at Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA. The event runs from 11:00 AM on Saturday, December 3 to 12:00 PM on Sunday, December 4.
This page will feature press releases, photos, videos, and other updates regarding EVSR’s historic entry as the first electric race car to finish a 24 hour+ endurance gas, in a field of gas-powered cars, utilizing hot swap battery technology.
2022 “25 Hours of Thunderhill” EVSR Updates
2021 “25 Hours of Thunderhill” EVSR in the Press
- Electric-Powered Racecar Proves That Endurance Racing In A Single Car Is Possible – EVHNews
- Wild Start at the 2021 25 Hours of Thunderhill Presented by Hawk Performance – NASA SpeedNews
- Racing Resumes at the 2021 25 Hours of Thunderhill Presented by Hawk Performance After 11-Hour Fog Delay – NASA SpeedNews
- Morning Briefing: 8 a.m. Sunday Snapshot of the 2021 25 Hours of Thunderhill Presented by Hawk Performance – NASA SpeedNews
- Entropy Racing EVSR – GT Eins
- May 2021 Press Release: EVSR: The First EV Team to Enter a 24 Hour Endurance Race Utilizing Hot-Swap Battery Packs
- MotorWeek, Episode #4045 “…reporter, Greg Carloss got a chance to sample an EV that takes high performance out of the commuter lane and onto the fast track.”
- Road & Track Magazine, Volume 7, Oct/Nov 2021: Pages 76 – 83, Feature Spread “Electric Grassroots”
- June 2021 Press Release: EVSR: Proving Reliable and Viable EV Racecars in a Gas-Powered World